PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IR Part-66 A/B1/B2?
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2006, 17:14
coolape

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IR Part-66 A/B1/B2?

Hi there,
I did start a thread about this awhile back but looks like the thread is gone, and am still confused about it.

I did visit my local college that does the course and was told that i would be able to sit the exam, but it would be a waste of my money to do it.

one of the reasons was, Im a Avionics Technician working on the component side, and not the maintenance side, so experience on a live aircraft was the only thing holding me back.

But what im trying to find out is, could I do the exams, and within the five years of taking my first exam (the first module), and got a Job on the maintenance side, even if it wasnt 5 years worth of experience, would I be able to acheive the license, or would i need the 5 years experience, and pass all the modules within that 5 years just to acheive it?

Currently being sponsored by BAAE (British Airways Avionics Engineering) to do the BTEC National Certificate in Avionics.

as soon as thats been acheived im going to start looking for another job specifically the Maintenance side.

Also would this course be a benefit as well as the experience of being at BAAE? if I went for a Maintenance side job?

Thanx in advance, im looking forward to your information.
Sorry if this is abit boring, but im just starting out in the aviation industry.