PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fed up of Poor FO's
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2006, 16:49
justathought

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey topslide,
I think the 250hrs and into a jet route would be the best way to learn basic IFR flying skills because there is lots of advice and handy hints sitting right beside you.
What you learn SP MEIFR is a sense of when things are starting to stack up in the wrong direction, and what your own personal limits are and you also become better at making command decisions and being happy with the consequence of those decisions. I know that all sounds a bit hairy fairy but I believe it to be fairly accurate. It's not just in an emergency that you learn things, it's every time you make a decision and it doesn't work out how you want. Another thin is that the performance of light twins is pretty painful so you have to think a lot about performance.
Anyway, the most important thing is the persons attitude and willingness to learn and change their ideas if someone comes up with a good reason to.Often it ca be hard to change an idea you've put stock in for years, but if it's right it's right. Have a good day