PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Westjet Deicing
Thread: Westjet Deicing
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2006, 16:32
Willie Everlearn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
royalterrace

quote "I am dissapointed that a proffessional pilot as you call yourself has made assumptions on the actions of other proffessional pilots and worse yet posted these assumptions and accusations to various people and organisations anonymously."

Why should you be disappointed that a fellow pilot questioned another pilot's decision? Are we to believe all pilot's decisions are always correct and always unquestionable? Or is there the possibility we get a few wrong on occasion?

Anonymity?
If you've been in the airline idustry for awhile you'll know this industry uses anonimity in many, many areas of reporting maintenance, flt. operations issues. From FOQA to ASRs to just about anything else in between. Yet, you claim to be disappointed. Look around you. Airline pilots occasionally need and use anonimity to get the safety message out, so it shouldn't surprise any professional pilot. Is West Jet special?

I think West Jet is more than capable of looking into a safety matter just as I'm sure they can look into any customer service complaint. I'm sure they have a Safety Officer assigned to look into complaints like this. As Flite Nav has indicated, there are two sides to the story and one can't simply go into hush, hush mode because it causes bad publicity. Sometimes safety issues DO cause bad publicity just as investigations internal or public vindicate the accused.

Watch this space.