PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight Attendants can compare their pay to Pilots pay: Only in Canada you say...?
Old 27th Jan 2006, 15:07
meaw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fudpucker,

I have flown most Airbus types,the ones you say are flown by pushing buttons.Well yes we now push buttons instead of manually pulling on a big yoke....so what?You still make decisions every day that affect the lives of thousands of people if you screw up.You make calls on a daily basis that can have disastrous consequences.

You say the public doesn't care? Have them ride with us in an A320 at night in a snowstorm,in moderate to severe turbulence to land on a short icy runway with a crosswind like we do regularly here in Canada and tell me we are just button pushers.

Contrary to what you say no FA could do that unless he-she has years of experience and training.We on the other hand could do their jobs even without training.....yeah you heard me right,I can operate a galley and make coffee without problems,I can push the PLAY button to start the safety demos,I can be nice and smiley,I can open the aircraft door and evacuate the aircraft.......and I dont need a course because we already solve most of their little problems when they arise because we know more about the aircraft,the mechanical problems,the weather,the regualtions etc....because as pilots we are paid not only to fly the aircraft but we need to know how to be MECHANICS,METEOROLOGISTS,ATC,RAMP CREW,FA'S,CREW SCHEDULING,DISPATCH ETC...ITS OUR JOB TO KNOW ALL THIS.

The FA knows sweet f...k all of all this stuff let alone flying the airplane.

As a captain you should smarten up and RESPECT YOUR PROFFESSION,YOUR CAREER.