PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Skippers V Tomahawks
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2001, 15:29
maxmegger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
While I can't vouch for the Tomahawk school, I do have personal experience of the Skipper school as I'm doing my CPL training there. As well as the C182, they also have a C210, a Piper Arrow and a Piper Seneca that all get a lot of use (well the 210 and the Seneca do anyway).
The emphasis there is more on training for real pilot jobs not just training you for the airlines which seems to be the in thing for most flying schools these days. They aren't one of those schools that expect you to wear a uniform while you're training (to make you feel profesional, what a **** ). They're more a polo shirt and jeans kind of school. To paraphrase the QUT ads, they're a flying school for the real world. That's not to say they're no good if you're after an airline job. They have plenty of former students now working for airlines.
On the personal side, the instructors there are a pretty good bunch. I won't say too much about that since most of them check out Pprune pretty regularly and I'd hate for them to get too big headed on reading this.
I guess the best reference I could give them is to say that their two newest staff members recently came over from the school that has several Tomahawks.
This is starting to sound like a plug for them so I won't go on. Whatever you decide, good luck with it.