PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CAA invents more charges !
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2006, 06:58
A and C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Broomstick

For light aviation the trouble will start in September 2008 and most of it seems to be held here:-

http://www.easa.eu.int/doc/Regulatio...03_Part145.pdf

I must confess that I have only skimmed the 140 odd pages of euro gobeldygook but most of my information has come from the chief engineers of two JAR145 companys and one M3 company, these people have day to day contact with the CAA staff charged with introducing this new legislation.

If you take a look at the CAA website you will find that the Licenced Engineers have to change there licence from BCAR to JAR66 by september 2006 for large aircraf and 2008 for light aircraft and pay a fee for it, as some older aircraft are never going to meet the EASA standards these will stay under the BCAR's so the engineer with have to hold a BCAR licence as well. When this comes up for renewal the CAA will no doubt charge for this , so ONE engineer Two licences Two FEES to the CAA.

http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/177/srg_el..._timetable.pdf

The £ 500 Part M management fee recomendation I have yet to find writen down but it is very hard to see how any company could carry out this function without charging for all the Technical publications that they will have to hold and the payments to the CAA for the part M approval and the audits that will no doubt follow.

As to the C of A renewal fee that we pay at the moment I can find no mention of it's withdrawal in 2008 but the new C of A's that are now being issued by the CAA only run untill 2008 so progress towards the life of aircraft C of A is being made.
As the CAA's charges for GA are under reveiw by a a number of bodys at the moment you would think that the withdrawal of a fee would be ammunition for them to justify there increase in other charges but the CAA are silent over this issue.

Last edited by A and C; 27th Jan 2006 at 07:15.