PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air New Zealand B747-400 Blows Tyres At Brisbane Airport
Old 26th Jan 2006, 23:16
Flightsimman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rainboe
As incidents go, it may have scored a 1 or 2 out of 10. With self loading cargo on board, and the fact that it was only tyres that had the problem, and it might not have been immediately apparent what it was,and not being an emergency, why shut down engines immediately? There are many external cues as to whether a fire is burning. All pilots lose a tyre sometime, it's no big deal. Moving the aeroplane will not be possible immediately, without fire you will not carry out an evacuation, so sit there and assess the situation and liaise with the engineers and ATC. Problem solved. Did you expect to see the slides come out?

Rainboe....I am not trying to make a big deal of it mate, just reporting the facts thats all !

You guys are the professional pilots and I have no doubt that you all know your craft very well.

I thought I would report it as I heard nothing of it on P-Prune and it was the first time I have ever seen any kind of emergency live.