PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Northolt Spit??
Thread: Northolt Spit??
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2006, 19:31
ChrisVJ

Received 24 Likes on 10 Posts
Must have been a convention of Pprune there last August. I was there with No 5 Sprog but the day we went it was so hot we had to scramble for the shade.

Excellent tours of rebuilding hangar and spares hangar, well worth the trip. Only minor annoyance was errors in the tour guide's spiel. Funnily enough he was the same chap who had given the guided tour two years before at Kissimmee and they were still the same kind of errors, so I guess no one had bothered to put him right or maybe he just liked the story more than the history.

Don't let that put you off, some of the stuff there is absolutely fascinating. Definitely a must do.

Swinging Monkey, Has the F104 etc all gone from Kissimmee now? A couple of years ago I was visiting there with a friend and e siad, "Oh, I used to fly these with the CAAF," Quiet airline sort of chap. "Most fun you could have in an aeroplane." Last Summer they had given up on the tours and museum entrance but there was still a lot of very interesting stuff. For a donation No 1 son and I walked around and discussed all the bits and pieces. So much to be learned from just poking around amongst the remains and the few aircraft left.