PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA pilots 'prepared to strike'?
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2006, 17:53
wiggy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Roobarb

How can I follow that! Your post sums up my feelings perfectly. Crew's have been shoveling the s##t uphill at BA for years now. The management have cut the support structure and staff back to such an extent that it now, often as not, fails to adequately support the money making part of the Company. I am sick to death of standing at the aircraft door at oh-dark thirty in the morning, after a night flight, apologising to the people who pay our wages, trying to explain to them why we have no stands/buses/jetties. Knowing that in all probability there will be no crew transport back to the Car Park....Knowing that at the same time as the crew stand in the rain, abandoned on the tarmac, that the bean counters and cost cutters in Waterside, many of whom never actually visit the "real" airport, are rolling out of bed and making their first coffee, working out how they are going to find another way to make more my job more difficult..............
P*******d off? You bet I am. I no longer care what other people think or earn - I do care that our T&Cs are being bulldozed as we type. I apologise in advance to any of our customers we inconvenience this year, but will not stand by and watch these thieves continue to boost their personal wealth by destroying my lifestyle, my health and my pension.
Rant over...see you on the picket line.