PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CAA invents more charges !
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2006, 17:29
A and C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Robin

To have an annual check done to your aircraft under the new system it will be required for you to engage a part M company to manage the maintenance of your aircraft.

This company will produce the work package for the licenced engineer to work to, after the work has been done the part M company will check the paperwork and produce the certificate of maintenance review.

I am told that the CAA recomended fee for this is £500 for a SEP.

The CAA will no longer have to issue a C of A at three yearly intervals but to there is no evidence that the fee that is paid at C of A renewal is to be dropped, how the CAA intend to collect this money is not at the moment clear.

The new requirment to have a part M company "manage" my maintenance will add about £1.67/ hour to my customers flying costs. If this had some sort of flight safety implication I would not raise to much of an objection but i am now going to have to pay some paper pusher who has probably not seen an aircraft for years to tell the licenced enginners who see my aircraft on a weekly basis how to maintain my aircraft!.

It is an insult to the professional integrity of these engineers who have maintained these aircraft for years and another unwanted cost burden on aircraft owners.

And just to add insult to injury the enginners are going to have to pay two licence fees so that they can cover both EASA and CAA BCAR aircraft and you all know who will end up paying that fee!.