PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Africa Ride (video) Any opinions?
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2006, 17:02
SARREMF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry, forgot to mention the video! Well, one word springs to mind - barking! Having taught mountain flying - lets face it, you can use the techniques on features like these - the guy clearly has 'issues' with his life expectancy.

Any body ever seen the video 'the failed aviator'? Its an american training video where the pilot/Dr talks about what pilots do as they get further in to their careers, the risks that they feel they can take, and the balance between experience and risk taking. Cracking video, when I watched it - it also covers the mid-life crisis saying about the 40 plus pilot with the red sports car [3 of us watching all had red sports cars] - I recognised in myself how stale I had become, I was in the zone where it would have been very easy to start increasing risks to pep up boring sorties. Fortunately, a change IS as good as a rest and I worked through it - stops you short though, when you realise it could so easily be you in this type of video doing antics like this all because you needed a bigger and bigger thrill!

That was then - a long time ago! Now, the thrill is a new delivery of paper clips! 1,2,3,4,5,6,...........