PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA pilots 'prepared to strike'?
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2006, 16:14
ShortfinalFred

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So its "arrogance" is it, to defend my contractual pension rights? That makes me "arrogant", does it? What a pathetic profession we have become. I am paid less than ANY of my peers - NHS GP's, Lawyers and business executives, FAR less, yet even this is not low enough for some, huh? Of course, I forget, its not a real job at all is it? Anyone with a PPL could do it for a quarter of the money, couldn't they? I am tired of all that Sh@t, for that is what it is. This is a profession worthy of respect AND decent remuneration - a position of trust and enormous responsibility. Just because the latest incumbant of the musical chair that is CEO of BA thinks he can enrich himself at our expense does not make it either inevitable or sensible.

And to all the "business consultants" who plague BA and readily describe professional aviation as a "non-job", a dead end to be ground-down ad- nauseam: you have hit the buffers this time. Type "I am an army of one" into your search engine on pprune and see what kind of response you will get if you keep this up. Actually, dont bother, most of my colleagues are so sick of the Kafkaesque farce that much of BA's operation has become that goodwill is absolutely gone already. AMP anyone?

We are defending our contractual pension rights here, right down to the "meltdown" of BA if that is what it takes. BA without a pension and bidline will not be worth spit, and wont be able to recruit much either - despite gung-ho 'gizz-us yer job' postings here.