PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK
Thread: CORK
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2006, 12:57
eastjimmy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

hi all, well i too must register the utter disbelief at the prospect of portocabins in the new terminal.. what a joke really... on the issue of the check in desks it is so so annoying but with the whole issue in my mind yesterday as i was in cdg i started to look around and in terminal 2 in cdg they use the snake system with the barriers with the pull out tape in them and it works quiet well. as the actual check in area is not that wide even though the building is huge in its self. so maybe its not all that bad on that score...
on the same topic i recieved a letter from my local finnia fail td the other day in responce to my consern over who will pay for the terminal. before you read it below just remember that that was the principal issue in my letter...

"thank you for your correspondence expressing your grave consern for the future of cork airport, which i believe is totally unfounded.
the ff govt of the time presided over the opening of cork airport and the further investments on cork airport such as the extended runways, upgraded radar equipment, other infrastructural developments and now the new terminal have all occurred during periods of ff administration.
as you are aware the passenger numbers passing through cork airport have reached record levels and projections for the future are for continuing increases.
the govt policies are to strengthen and consolidate the airport and i am confident that these will be sucessful.
i will pass on your conserns to minister cullen
yours etc..
michael ahern td.

well there you have it not one word on the funding issue for the terminal???? which ill say again was the principal issue on my letter to him.... these guys aare not with the picture at all
regs
ej