PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Armed Forces Federation (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2006, 12:10
sooms

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting debate this one..

We do need some kind of representation, I thought the CASWO was supposed to fufill this function for the OR side but to date I've never seen or heard of him doing anything. Don't even know who he is.

Ultimately, will the policy makers and bosses take a blind bit of notice of anything the 'Federation' says. Very unlikely when it has no way of putting pressure on said bosses and policy makers. I also feel that anyone within the service would find life very uncomfortable should they try to set one up unless it was under 'guidance' from the powers-that-be. We are all aware of the fear culture prevalent in the service nowadays (must toe the party line, must swallow the management speak, mustn't rock the boat) that anyone attempting to set this up would be committing career suicide.
Certainly PVR is not the weapon it used to be, especially not for OR's and SNCO's. I think that 'they' are actually trying to encourage it amongst the more experienced members of the service.

Nice idea, but I don't think anything will come of it.

Anyone know anything of the 'work to rule' that supposedly happened in the 70's at some RAF Bases. Some old sweats told me about it but I was never sure whether it was true or not?