PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pakistani Airlines crew put off in CYYT
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2001, 14:35
Sensible

Flies for fun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We should all be very cautious about labelling all Moslems as terrorists. I know many Moslems personally including an Afghan who is now Chairman of a Mosque in the UK who was ordered out of Afghanistan by the Taliban for non-fundamentalist Moslem religious teachings. A more sincere honest pleasant individual and family man would be hard to find. On the other hand, I have employed two self confessed Islamic fundamentalists and have discussed their beliefs with them. Quite honestly, I found at the time of my discussion with them that their plans for world domination and formation of an Islamic state within the UK using force somewhat amusing. Not so now!

We must be very careful not to brand every Moslem as a madcap fundamentalist the same as many of us would be offended if all Christians were branded as Jehovah Witnesses for instance. The evil fundamentalists are a minority faction thank god! Let all faiths work together to eliminate/isolate evil terrorists. The alternative is to alienate Moslem and no doubt other religious groups into a Christians v the rest of the world scenario and be assured, that would be a most unwise move! The fact that these evil people happen to be Moslem is coincidental and we must not under any circumstances direct our anger at Molslem people on the basis that they are Moslem.