PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL confuser, is it as good as I think it is?
Old 26th Jan 2006, 10:59
FlyingForFun

Why do it if it's not fun?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are the questions in the confuser exactly the same as in the exams? or are there slight variations? seems a bit too good to be true to me
Yes, it is too good to be true.

The main problem is that the Confuser does not give you an understanding of the exams. The reason you have to study for these exams is because the material - or at least most of it - is important to know.

The next problem with the Confuser is that some of the answers given are wrong. If you learn these answers and take them into the exam, you will get them wrong in the exam. If you learn your subject, then you will be able to spot the mistakes in the Confuser, check with your instructor (or even check on these forums) that you are not mistaken, and then learn the correct answer.

As for whether all the questions on the written exam are in the Confuser, I don't know, but I doubt it. Especially since some of the exams were updated fairly recently - more recently than the Confuser, to the best of my knowledge.

The correct way of using the Confuser is to learn the subjects from one of the recognised text books - either Trevor Thom or Jeremy Pratt. Once you think you have a good understanding of the subject, try the Confuser exam. If you get 90% or more, sit the real exam, otherwise go back to your text books again.

Since you've posted this in the Wannabes forum, rather than the Private Flying forums (where it probably belongs), I assume you're thinking of going on to be a commercial pilot? Everything I've said applies at least 10 times as much for most of the commercial exams (although I will admit that there are a couple of the commercial exams which can only be passed by learning the questions, by their very nature). For the commercial exams, changing one work can completely change the answer, and the question writers are quite happy to use this trick to try to catch out people who have simply learnt the answers.

FFF
--------------