PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fed up of Poor FO's
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2006, 21:41
justathought

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Err401 you are a long long way off the mark my friend.
Experience makes a huge difference.
Most of the potential incidents can be avoided if you can see them coming, if you sense the holes starting to line up so to speak, and act a fraction more conservitively than you would otherwise.
If you have done 1500hrs of single pilot charter work in a light twin or similar you are going to bring an additional level of knowledge/wariness/ability (read experience) to the flight deck. You will also be more capable of making decisions, that might be hard for you to understand at 800 hrs but you are totally responsable for your decisions when single pilot and invariably you make mistakes that you will never forget because you had to wear the consequenses. Every now and then it is neccessary to query a captains decision and it is a lot easier to do if you are armed with that experience. (a good captain will make it easier by asking if you are happy with something first, and then you can say yes or no).
I believe that if you print off a copy of this thread and bring it out again when you have 5000hrs, you will cringe when you read your post. I hope you do, otherwise it suggests to me that your attitude needs re-aligning.