PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA pilots 'prepared to strike'?
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2006, 17:22
issi noho

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
12 pages and not much further on. I still hope you win. This pension debt is pretty much quantifiable, finite number of people affected, affordable in the grand scheme of thing in BA finances over time and whats more important its what you contracted into. That said FSP are dead in the water for most.

However, if you really must strike, do you think you could just get on with the ballot and do it, preferably not in Feb coz I'm off to OZ and currently torn between Emirates at £860 and BA at £1600 (my wife will think its her right to spend more than the difference in DXB duty free).

Could you also take a tip from the Danes, when they came in boats with oars, they didn't warn us they were coming and consequently all the girls in Largs got a good rogering. When they go on strike their thread starts 'SAS on strike'; note this is not the same as 'SAS prepared to' or 'SAS might try to scare their boss and the travelling public by gently suggesting IA'. Just a thought

Word of caution, if by any chance you do have your ballot and it happens to highlight any divisions within the pilot workforce please don't be surprised if Willie drives in a wedge to split you further, also don't be surprised if you get lots of posts saying I told you so. Not from me obviously I'll be on your web site applying for a DEC.

BTW, no offence to Danes or the girls in Largs.