PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unwelcomed media chopper
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2006, 03:58
Defenestrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know of a couple of media chopper drivers that are the most professional pilots I can think of. The positions they hold are very much sought after and not ones for 'cowboys' that don't know their way through the various classes of airspace our Capital Cities and their surrounds, offer. They're dispatched with minimum notice and operate with a profound knowledge of the airspaces through which they fly. And the knowledge of these lads is intimate when it comes to approaches to incidents, accidents and the like. Not to mention what is required of them when fire fighting duties (bambi buckets) are required. The various TV networks they work for generally offer their services to fire fighting with little hesitation. Don't be too quick to defame these chaps. Their services are greatly appreciated. If one of these lads, as has been suggested, made an error in judgement, look to the bigger picture. I'm not making light of the original topic of this thread but don't put all these guys in one box.
D