PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways DEP Selection - THE lowdown Part 1
Old 25th Jan 2006, 02:17
airamerica

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi All,

I attended the assessment last week, and unfortunately through no fault of my own(ha ha) did not get through.

The whole process is as described here so far.
The interview was too good to be true. Scenario type questions with specific examples. I walked away with a positive feeling. I was interviewed for an hour and fifteen at least????, some guys were coming out after 20 mins??? On a couple of occasions the interviewers commented on that ‘’I was going to ask this question however, your example and explanation covered the next two questions’’.At no time was I corrected to remain on the subject nor did I not have a answer for any question. I answered all questions in an articulated and structured manner. They were extremely friendly, relaxed and easy going, at times even using humour. I tried not to engage in humour as I feel that humour can be a double edge sword.
With the verbal reasoning, 45 questions 25 mins, read a passage and answer true, false, cannot tell. I answered 40 q’s and did not guess the rest. Same with the numerical reasoning, I answered 16 out of 25 but I answered them correctly but again did not tick the rest of the boxes. Should I have? I was worried about negative marking. As for the micropat I feel I was averaging ok until the last test when all comes out at once, wow.
One question as for verbal reasoning, can anyone suggest any material. I am fully conversant with the language, I practiced numerous examples and was averaging 3 out of 4.My suspicion is the verbal reasoning, but again, it could be anybody’s guess.

Good luck to all that will or intend to attend, it is a long day, however it is very relaxed so try to enjoy it and I suppose try be yourself.