PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester
Thread: Manchester
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2006, 20:45
Squadgy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Shaggy Sheep Driver
I'm surprised they gave you a join at Congleton, since you were coming from the north. Why not Barton - Sale Water Park?
Good post Stue, it's good isn't it?!

There used to be an Entry/Exit VRP at Swinton Interchange. This routing took you Swinton - Sale Water Park - Right base 24. Since the introduction of 24L/06R to Go-Around procedure off 24R involves traffic making a right turn towards that routing climbing to 3000ft. If any traffic is operating in this area traffic arriving at Manchester has to be given non-standard go-around instructions, which I think means traffic departing off 24L can't be launched without co-ordination with the 24R controller, (I'm sure a Manchester ATCO can expalin in more detail).
If things are quiet then traffic does sometimes route in this way, (I flew down as far as Sale Water Park at weekend), - however it isn't a published route, (Swinton was retained as a VRP at Barton's request - it's no longer marked as E/E on the charts). If you're going to enter the Barton ATZ though a call to Barton Information on 122.7 is essential.