PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Agusta AW139
Thread: Agusta AW139
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2006, 14:21
munchkins

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ian Corrigible
That's a surprise. Though BAAC/Agusta now uses the 120 sq. ft. figure fairly regularly, as it was explained to me the triangular baggage hold offers 78 sq. ft., with the rectangular space in the aft main cabin between the fuel cells representing the other 42 sq. ft. If we're talking about the same space, I'm especially surprised since this is also supposed to accommodate litters.
It's a nice cabin, but I wouldn’t want to be sandwiched in with 14 other pax for anything other than a short hop. Even the 4+4+4 configuration is cosy, esp. for the facing rows.
I/C
I checked again with the Agusta rep re: the availability of the space between the main fuel tanks for cargo and was told there is no restriction despite a placard "NO LOAD AREA" and an arrow pointing to toward the area in question. Apparently the placard is a there to aid in the prevention of damage to the bulkhead between the main cabin and the baggage hold? This would obviously not be an issue when the litter(s) are installed.
Regardless, when loading baggage and freight in the main hold, care must be exercised not to damage the electronics mounted on the side bulkheads. There are light weight covers installed over the electronics but the covers IMO will be of minimal protection.
By the way in the CHC North Sea a/c with 4+4+4 configuration, all 3 rows of seats in the main cabin faced forward.