PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair cancel flights due to pilot shortage?
Old 24th Jan 2006, 07:10
atse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I read the nice little booklet about Ryanair handed out by the Financial Times yesterday. Got me to thinking if there is anyone out there who can explain the gap between the Ryanair reality and what the investor community seem to think? - currently we have cancelled flights, enforced movement of cabin and cockpit crew from base to base to plug gaps, pilots up/close to annual hours maximum, many expensive "hire ins" (does Ryanair even operate any of its own aircraft from Liverpool any more?), demotion for fatigued pilots, serious incidents that appear to have been - at a minimum - under-investigated, administrative chaos (especially in training & planning), significant problems in granting pilot leave, endless I.R. problems in Dublin, massive under-management and buck passing by middle management, JAR Post Holders who don't know their responsibilities, an ever increasing number of Contract Pilots with little commitment to either Ryanair or SOPs, the ever dominating presence of MOL (he from whom all causes and effects flow), etc, etc, etc.

Now what would wake the investor community up to this nonsense? Looks like nothing. Presumably they will wait until something snaps and then scatter in confusion?