PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Agusta AW139
Thread: Agusta AW139
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2006, 20:36
Ian Corrigible

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by munchkins
120 sq. ft. optional baggage hold? If you're thinking about using the space between the main fuel tanks where the aux. tank is located, think again. There is a placard there indicating that no baggage is permitted between the tanks.
That's a surprise. Though BAAC/Agusta now uses the 120 sq. ft. figure fairly regularly, as it was explained to me the triangular baggage hold offers 78 sq. ft., with the rectangular space in the aft main cabin between the fuel cells representing the other 42 sq. ft. If we're talking about the same space, I'm especially surprised since this is also supposed to accommodate litters.

Originally Posted by munchkins
Seating in the cabin however is another matter. The options are three rows of five, or three rows of four (other than VIP). I know the CHC Europe 139 has 3 rows of 4 due to room required for the passengers and their immersion suits.
It's a nice cabin, but I wouldn’t want to be sandwiched in with 14 other pax for anything other than a short hop. Even the 4+4+4 configuration is cosy, esp. for the facing rows.

I/C