PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Runway incursion incident at CDG 10/01/06?
Old 23rd Jan 2006, 20:07
FLEXPWR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JEFF748,
You have a very good point, and tell me if I am wrong, I understand you would prefer to speak french in CDG yourself, as you would expect others to speak english when they operate in your area. I am fully with you, and not trying to give credit to the french (quite the opposite) the major difference is that as a Canadian, even in french speaking territory, you would have learnt english from your youngest age, I presume.
The "France's french" for many still think that the universe is revolving around France, therefore others should learn french and not the other way around.
As mentioned a few posts above, when I fly over Spain, they speak english, even between spanish operators (except, maybe, the odd single piston from a nearby flying club), when I fly to Italy, everyone speaks english, even the proud pilots from Alitalia! I am thankfull that they do, it makes my life easier, and I do appreciate they make the effort. I don't think it is harder for the French to learn and speak english, not harder than the Spanish nor the Maroccans, Dutch, Germans, you name it. They all make the effort but the French. Are the French using their right because it is a right after all, or is it because maybe the Spanish, Dutch, Italian, German, are all wrong because they are not using their own language? Mmmmm....