PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training for an FAA Licence and British Passport.
Old 23rd Jan 2006, 17:32
Tinstaafl

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
To expand a bit on Scroggs answer: You're effectively asking two independent questions:

1. "Am I legal to work/reside in a particular country?". That depends on that particular country's immigration/residency/employment policies & your nationality. Some countries will view favourably some occupations above others. Others won't. This could include being a pilot, either favourably, unfavourably or notconsiderd at all

2. "Can I use my FAA licence (un-sic ) to be employed as a pilot?". That depends on that particular country's aviation rules. It's not necessarily related to residency/employment (although it can be). More about what foreign licences is the regulatory authority and the prospective employer willing to accept. Some countries accept the foreign licence 'as is', others issue their equivalent based on the foreign licence, while still others require some conversion process to gain the local licence. The conversion might be simple or could involve a lot of study &/or training.