PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ANYTHING having to do with Emirates Applications
Old 23rd Jan 2006, 09:49
Demonic Angel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Always a mystery

Went to the open day and got in to discussion but I failed for final interview. What amazed me is they made this Asian girl and cute Frenchy guy to do Eng test.What the...???? This wasn't my first time applying with EK and I made it to the final at the first time before.But I don't remember seeing anyone being asked to do such a test.I used to be ex-crew in Middle East myself and believe me it's not English that's a problem on board.It's F/As who don't speak Arabics and pax who don't speak English! I know I can't change their regulations and speaking about it will sound like a complaint, but come on... the discussions will make them see the real you?No interviews and no asking referees? Really? You'll know much about them by doing group discussion.You'll know that the person you've chosen have courage to handle passengers who grabbed your ass or kick them out of the plane in emergency evacuation if they hesitated to jump?

Or do they want only blonde girls and straight guys that they like (or gays who can fool them they're straight)and hope for the best they'll make ab good cabin crew?

I dunno about other people,but I see recruiters as normal people.No matter how glamorous or funny, easy going they look - they're human beings.Besides,been talking to a few and they all said similarly to my curiosity "I picked those I felt I liked them"