PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turbofan bird ingestion
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2006, 09:17
enicalyth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yon ingested the bird not the aircraft

Anyone who ingests a whole bird of unknown provenance like Yon needs a dietician.
But engines seem to manage with small ones and as OS is a bi-motor geezer his donkeys might be a bit better certificated or just more modern than mine were. I presume his idea of a pelican is one that makes his needles wobble and upset his parameters. Terns, boobies and frigate birds are a slightly less serious wake category than a pelican but don't half spang Rollers and CF6's. We used to carry an extra person to blame on -200s but even steam gauges cannot foretell the outcome. So I guess the final arbiter is the engineer but which one?
Did the aircraft accelerate cleanly at all speed changes? Nary a wobble on the instrumentation? When it happened, no one quoted the Mayor of Hiroshima? Provided maintrol isn't a Beijing call centre I'm up for KLAX-EGLL, 411A, how about you?
By the way, they used to go straight through Avons no problem but those engines had a lot more bench-time, were single shaft and built like brick outhouses.

The "E"