PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair cancel flights due to pilot shortage?
Old 23rd Jan 2006, 08:21
jazzcat2000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hussar 54
Just to clarify some of your points
We don't help with the cleaning during turnarounds, not enought time.
I have never felt pressurised to work when ill, called crewing and it has been accepted.
Our roster is very good. five on followed by three off. It means one can plan days off months in advance which is most unusual in our industry. I flew with an Excel F/O last week, he said he had been promised 5 on 5 off and was most impressed by the fact that he could just jumpseat home on Ryanair aircraft without booking in advance.
A lot of posters on the site don't work for Ryanair only quote their " mates " bad experiences. Regardless of what others say there is a big emphesis on safety and SOP's, the aircraft are well maintained and I have never been pressured to take one that did not conform to the MEL.
We do work hard but I still find it a lot less tiring than when I used to fly nights and now we have lots of standby days due high hours until April when it's back to normal again.
Depends what you want out of a job, we do get well payed but with NO benefits, we fly new aeroplanes to interesting destinations and get home every night. People leave for different reasons but I am quite happy to stay.