PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Collection at RAF Cosford under threat (Merged)
Old 23rd Jan 2006, 01:47
reverserunlocked

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ah yes, Cosford. I remember many happy hours wandering round the museum as a nipper, and the shock of being charged £2 for a couple of cans of coke at the airshow!

I also remember when I was in the RAF cadets doing a First Aid exercise one evening in the Nissen Huts whilst on camp at Cosford. As we drove back to our digs in the bus the sun was setting behind the VC10's huge T-tail and one of those childhood images of the beauty of aviation was etched onto my mind. I recall thinking how sad it was that those aircraft would never take the skies again.

Daft question, CAA permissions and permits notwithstanding, would it be totally beyond comprehension that some of these aircraft might be moved somewhere else under their own power? I know next to nothing about the effects of decades of storage on an airliner so stand ready to be flamed into submission for my extreme ignorance. Surely a bit of grease on the control cables, a thorough inspection and a slosh of gas and you'd be away?

*runs*