PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS ironing Virgin Atlantic (merged)
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2006, 00:47
lowerlobe
Registered User **

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cleaning utensils and other fighting aids

Biscuit chucker..I'm sure that irons and other implements used around the home have been used for purposes other than which they were designed or intended.

However,the thought of a crew member using an iron to attack or defend themselves sounds a bit far fetched..unless you were being threatened with death...or you were some bible fanatic as you mentioned.

were these pugilists tech or cabin crew???

Even with the propensity for fighting that alcohol seems to be encouraging these days,this sounds unlikely even in the russell crowe suite in LAX

I can just see the next cabin crew news #57..

Attention crew ...Irons are not to be used for any purpose other than the correct grooming of uniform and personal attire...death or serious injury may result from such unnauthorised use and as such a request for said iron and board is to be put forward in triplicate to housekeeping

In a former life I used to wear a blue uniform and although I have seen many improvised weapons ,this one sounds like another bit of folklore unless the crew involved were either mentally unstable or affected by foreign substances...or maybe a bible meeting

Last edited by lowerlobe; 23rd Jan 2006 at 01:06.