PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jan 2006, 18:18
BDiONU
Beady Eye

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Walter Kennedy

Have you read my previous postings which referred to a radar recording at Prestwick?
I have read them and I have answered them

An article by a reputable journalist implied that the a/c was observed sufficiently close to the Mull to conclude that the last part of its flight was very much straight in.
As I previously wrote I made the video recording of the radar replay for the BOI and there was NO track showing.

The interesting thing is that the very existence of this recording has been denied by many on this thread and yet the journalist is adamant that his contact was in a position to know.
Who do you prefer to believe a journalist or a professional Air Traffic Controller? Perhaps your journo friend might care to identify his 'source'. I'd be keenly interested to discuss this with them on a professional level.

It is typical of the lack of positive feedback on this thread that no one mentioned that there had been a radar at Macrihanish – all the learned contributors mentioning only major sites nowhere near as being the only radars in the area.
As stated there was no radar at Mac at the time, the base was on a care and maintenance basis.

One would have thought that, with the sometimes intense air activity in the area (eg when exercises held) that there would be low level coverage.
Uuuumm, what intense air activity would this be then? The odd Hawk going low level at Gigha Island?

BD