PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fed up of Poor FO's
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jan 2006, 16:03
Kak Klaxon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The real problem is that the expectations of new pilots has changed,through no fault of there own they can now get the ticket and then get a jet job,I wish it was so when I was 20 but then it ment 1000 hours instructing,1100 hours air taxi and then three years rhs turbo prop.

Pilots did do 200 hours to jet but this was company funded and from day one they were exposed to the company sops etc.

So here is the problem,how do I produce the required standard of fo in 30 to 40 line sectors?

I am open to ideas but the best I have come up with so far is to produce a pilot who knows and sticks to sops and knows where to look in the part A and B.

Now put that FO with a line capt who wants to delay flap or gear extension for any number of sound reasons not stated in the part A or B and you end up with a possible break down in CRM,i.e FO thinks the capt is a cowboy and does not know his sops, capt thinks the fo should go ****.

I guess none of this really helps you new guys ,but might help you to understand why you see posts like the one at the start of this thread

Last edited by Jetdriver; 23rd Jan 2006 at 08:41.