PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training for an FAA Licence and British Passport.
Old 22nd Jan 2006, 11:28
Scoobster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for your replies, that really helped! My father is an alien resident so heres hoping!
I was familiar with the 'N' reg aircraft rule but was a little bewildered about the ins and outs of the immigration status and wether being the bearer of a British Passport would allow you to command an A330 from New York into Heathrow. But I guess I was ill informed. Forgive my nievity! but having had to put my dream on hold to please my parents by finishing my university education I am still at the information gathering phase.
"You do NOT have to live in the U.S to get work from an FAA commercial/ATP licence. 'N' reg aircraft are based all over the world and many more carriers that accept that licence."
So as an example..., lets say I get work with Singapore Airlines who use an 'N' Reg 777 and the requirement is that the pilots must be based in Singapore.
Does this mean that although I am not a national I can still use my FAA Licence subject to having a valid work permit???? Do the regionals/nationals apply for you??
Is there any threads that can give me a more insight into this arena?. Thanks to all you great PPRUNERS out there . Keep up the good work!! Great to see a site dedicated to the aviation fraternity