PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training for an FAA Licence and British Passport.
Old 21st Jan 2006, 22:12
Scoobster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Training for an FAA Licence and British Passport.

Hi,

Firstly my apologies to Scroggs and the other mods if this has already been covered before, but my search yielded nothing so hence this post . Also apologies if this is posted in the wrong place!

So some relevant background..well I am a 'newbie' (so to speak) and still battling with the CAA to obtain a Class 1 due to an inferior visual field defect. Having obtained a Restricted FAA Class 1 subject to taking a medical flight test, I am going to fulfil my dream to become a professional pilot (he says 'hopefully'!).

The only problem is that I have a British Passport Whilst you may be asking yourself so wheres the problem??

I have been pondering over this question for some time and have heard mixed opinion about whether you can fly on an FAA Licence with a British Passport??Due to the battle with the CAA I am looking into the FAA Licence but I have always heard that 'you must be a resident of a particular country to live and work there' so does this mean that I must be a citizen of the USA with a valid 'Greencard' or 'US Passport' to commence my flying training for the ATP and work for a US Carrier?

If anyone could either confirm or alleviate whether this is a misconception or not that would be helpful.

Many thanks!!

--Rite, now where did i put that 65k --