PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2006, 20:25
Tandemrotor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cazatou

I cannot recall whether it was a chart, or a photocopy of a chart left behind, simply in an attempt to satisfy the outbrief procedure (the DAO was absent at the crucial time)

You are however, of course correct that this was the chart prepared by Lt K.

Nontheless, let us not run away with the idea that this particular document was terribly significant. It may have been, it may not.

The reason being that nobody can tell us if this chart was used by the crew in flight, or whether they had prepared their own, (similar?) version.

Just another example of the limitations of the evidence available. People should have been meticulous in what was adducible to support their postulations!

And incidentally, I am not quite sure you are necessarily correct when you say:

That RN Officer did the planning for the fatal sortie because he (quite rightly) assumed that crew duty considerations would require the use of both crews
Couldn't it simply have been that Lt K took the tasking request in operations, whilst the other crew were engaged in flying duties, and decided to make basic preparations for WHOEVER was going to fly the actual sortie the next day??

If it's important to you, I can of course check his evidence, given on oath, at the Fatal Accident Inquiry.