PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FPM monitor on A310
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2006, 19:11
jonny dangerous

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Assuming you don't have an ILS glidepath for guidance, once you're on you're 3 degree profile (3 and 1 profile etc) you'd use you're Flight Director bars (switched over to Track/FPA) and adjust pitch attitude to maintain the "bird" centered on the FD bars. I hope I'm not confusing that with the 320/330 series...but that's what I recall.

On some approach charts, the beacon crossing will show the 3 degree profile for a non-precision approach. I.E. even though the inbound crossing altitude might be 1000 ft AGL for the non precision, alongside it will be the 3 degree profile altitude. Cross the beacon (or FAF if you like) at that altitude, then follow the FD bars down the 3.00 degree FPA.

But all that stuff above is not likely to help a whole lot in the SIM. A friend of mine who was current on the 310 at the time actually blew his assessment with the Emirates in a 310 SIM. Apparently the raw data ILS approach is what did him in. Try not to make things too difficult for yourself and remember it's just an airplane and Power + Attitude still equals Performance.

Just curious, is it the Emirates you're heading to?

Cheers