PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford (OAT) 'Skills Assessment' or Selection
Old 21st Jan 2006, 17:49
link4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oxford (OAT) 'Skills Assessment' or Selection

Hi all,
Before i start i am aware of the thread about loans which i have carefully read, but my dilemma is slightly different....
I have a date set for the Selection process with OAT next month, however i have recieved a letter confirming this, and one of the requirements states that a property or a parental guarantee is needed in order to secure the loan
I'm 18 and hold a PPL, and like many other 18yr olds dont have a property as equity, and i dont however want to at all use my parents as a guarantee as its my dream not theirs, and i dont want to risk that. I hear a lot and have read myself on how OAT pride themselves of choosing candidates capable of being an Airline PIlot for their apititude and not if they have £50-60 at their disposal.
My question is hopefully if i get accepted in OAT for the APP, and i dont currently have a property and my parents are not in a situation to secure that amount of money, what will happen?
All help is greatly appreciated, thanks all