PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - General Sir Michael Rose calls for Tony Blair's Impeachment
Old 21st Jan 2006, 17:28
kaikohe76

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rose V Blair

Everyone please be assured,I had no wish at all to `stir up` emotions, with my earlier post re the our troops in Iraq & their theoretical deployment to Zimbabwe. My comments were & remain, my own personal opinion only, `prOOne` please have the courtesy to take note of this, thanks old chap!

I am of the opinion & always have been, that our servicemen & women are undertaking a very difficult task in Iraq & conducting themselves superbly under the arduous conditions out there. I would still venture to suggest however, at some stage Mugabe will still have to be dealt with& who do you really think in the end will be given this most unpleasant task?

I appreciate that this overall subject, includes people with very strongly held views from all corners of the arguement, who, unlike myself have been directly involved with military action under fire. My own military service for HMQ of 13 years, was spent in the air & despite the odd `hairy` moment, I would freely admit I got off rather lightly throughout.

At least Sir Michael Rose, as a very senior military officer is speaking out openly, perhaps it would help if a few more of his colleagues started to follow his lead & publicly said what they really think.

Thank you