PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Premiair Capt. charged with discrimination
Old 25th Oct 2001, 12:54
DownIn3Green
Person Of Interest

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Max,

I've only had to remove a pax 3 times in the 9+ years I've been on the left side, and none of those times were for the topic of this thread.

I believe my point was (although not entirely clear from my post, I must admit)I am not about to get into an argument with a gate agent about any issue regarding safety or equipment, etc.

For instance, if the weather radar won't ground test, and maint says it's OK, it works in the air, and I say we'll have to move the a/c and radiate it on the ground away from the gate (as per the MEL), and everyone is in a hurry for some reason or another and doesn't want to do that, well, that would be a time I'd leave and let the people who are paid to sort these things out do so.

There would be no point to me or my crew staying to argue this point further, as the decision has been made and the solution is black and white: Either fix the unit so it tests on the ground or move the a/c so it can be observed "painting" targets on the ground. Otherwise it's a no-go item.

If I am ever in the situation of having to decide to off-load a pax for whatever reason, of course I will not leave the aircraft.

Hope this clears up my previous input.