PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Engine TBO - CAA interpretation ?
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2006, 15:04
A and C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The only real change that I see in the regulations is that the CAA have in CAP747 GR 24 picked up on the calender life that in most cases is 12 years but this also can be extended by 20% giving a total time in service of 14.4 years.

I cant see a lot of "real" public transport opperations being effected by this as even runnung a Lycoming O-235 with a TBO of 2400+20%= 2880 this relates to 200 hours per year and I dont know how one could stay in business with that rate of use.

The people who it is going to hurt is the private owner who rents out his aircraft ocasionaly to help with the running costs.

As for a "fair and equitable" application of the rules the CAA has a long and proud history of dogmaticly applying rules that are out of step with the rest of europe be these rules to the advantage or (more usualy) dis-advantage of the UK industry, in most European states the local administrators apply the rules to the best advantage of the local industry however the Britsh burocrat (not just the CAA) seems to be unable to see that his wages depend apon the industry that they administer.

Last edited by A and C; 21st Jan 2006 at 15:15.