PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ANYTHING having to do with Emirates Applications
Old 21st Jan 2006, 08:37
SkySista

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another Open Day...

Well now I am surfing in an effort to stop looking at my phone... all of us who went to the Perth open day today are waiting for 'the call'....

First off I must say the two girls doing the recruiting were FABULOUS!!! Really lovely and bubbly and came across as not intimidating at all... (unlike you-know-who)... anyway whoever made the decision to send them is a legend!!

Both girls were Aussie, one from OLD and one from little Perth , Liz and Rowena. Rowena did most of the talking while Liz observed. She made lots of jokes, was very funny and this time she spoke a lot about what the life is like in Dubai, what the job is like, about her experiences when she started etc etc. Much more Q&A than last time... they showed the two short videos, but not the 'music video' one... they explained that this of course was due to the mourning period in Dubai for the Sheikh... even though they are o/s the video will not be shown as a mark of respect, recruitment has also been toned down. But anyway...

Also this time no survey forms or anything, nothing with names on etc, and this time they did the queues rather than each person go up one at a time. They didn't really do the 'sit and chat' for two minutes like they did last time... just a quick hello, asked the most suitable number to call on and maybe a question for some of us...

I got Rowena, she was very nice, I really wanted to tell her how much I enjoyed her presentation/talk but thought maybe that would look like I was sucking up (but I really did love the way she handled things - everyone laughed so much!!) She even paid me a compliment which was very nice so even though it's now 17:30 I'm still hopeful maybe they'll call me.... last time I got called at nearly 19:30 so there's still hope!!

Again as always lots of people in casual clothes, some current and ex crew. Some interesting things which were said - they will be back in 2 months... also about the fact you don't get superannuation (but apaprently the company bonus can make up for that - she said she once got a bonus of 10 weeks' salary! yikes!) and also the fact there is NO crew rest other than on the ultra-long-haul routes... (I'm guessing NY and DBX-SYD etc)...

But, all in all they were very thorough, they did take the time to tell people that of course Dubai has a down side, every one wil ladjust differently to flying and the physical side of the job... so giving a bit more realistic picture than the other times, which I think everyone appreciated...

Anyway that's enough from me, hopefully I'll hear something soon!

Sky