PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates cramped seating.
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2006, 06:05
HandyAndy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One can always shop around. There are websites that indicate the seat pitch (among other things) for each airline cabin. I have just done HKG-FRA-HKG with CX and I knew their seatpitch was going to be 32" in Y. It is not as comfortable as J (and my trips are generally split between J and Y) so on this trip in Y I was under no illusions. If I can get a bulkhead row all the better. I can bear the risk babies and children as I have three youngsters of my own.

I am however pretty sure that there are many psychological points that influence one's comfort on a trip. During the trip above, I was addressed by name by each crew member throughout even in Y. The food was more than satisfactory and there were good movies on. Although I was aware of the tight space, it didn't bother me as much as if I had received poor service, the food was awful and my luggage went missing. Anyone else feel this?

Anyway, it is always good to hear of others experiences on other airlines and this one will be a note for me if I ever have to travel with EK. Thanks for the heads-up. 99% of my travel to wherever is with Cathay but one never knows!