PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Infant loop seat belts increase the risk of injury to a small child
Old 20th Jan 2006, 12:13
CD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TightSlot
Thanks CD - just to tax you again. Does this mean that EU carriers are free to pick and choose those JAR's that they are comfortable with and not adopt those that they disgree with. Surely you are either complaint with JAR or not (my company is) - you can't just pick the best bits from the menu?
Well, the simple answer to your question is No. Individual carriers do not have the option to pick and choose.

However, my understanding is that the individual national civil aviation authorities do still retain the ability to determine their own regulatory structure in some respects. The carriers of the individual nation must then comply with those regulations. In most cases, I believe that the majority of nations have adopted the JARs but there are some differences that have been filed, such as Germany with those two individual provisions.

The EU situation is going to get even more complex in the near future as the responsibility for Operations and Flight Crew Licensing is transferred to EASA. When EASA takes over, they will be publishing actual Regulations that all member states will have to comply with. But not all current members of the JAA are members of the EU so there will still be some differences floating around out there.

I don't know if this point of view has helped or not...