PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RyanAir Firm Landings
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2006, 09:47
TightSlot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by firemac
Chill, Man (or Miss..)! We non-professionals have opinions, even if they are sadly lacking in professional/technical experience.
Nicely chilled firemac, thank you - and neither shaken nor stirred

This forum exists precisely because you have opinions and wish to express them. It also exists so that non-professionals can get useful answers from the professionals, and, as I increasingly find, vice versa.

What is irksome is that when a coherent answer is given by not one, but many professionals, on this, and other threads - it is ignored!

To reassure you - some customers make comments about landings that are not jocular, but quite serious, and they get the flightdeck visit question above: I can read people well enough to know when they are trying to be pleasant, and respond accordingly.

I've been flying for just over 25 years as Cabin Crew, and am now described as "Old School" by more people at work than I care to know about. My employer is presently working flat out to encourage us old folk to leave, so that we may be replaced by younger cheaper and better looking models from Eastern Europe; doubtless the kind of cabin crew that will cheerily pass comment on the quality of a pilots' landing to a customer. I was taught that you don't do that. Ever! There are lot of other things that the old timers were taught that don't seem to apply any more, but let's not go there now... Sigh

One bright day in the future, one of you will be sitting back in your Loco seat, sipping your £5 Pepsi and struggling to understand an 18 year old Slovakian stewardess with attitude explain why they had to leave your baggage behind due to weight restrictions and you'll think...

"It wasn't always like this?" - and you'll miss us