PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Wales - Big Expansion
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2006, 17:01
Stone Cold II

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts
Sorry Flower but if it's ATC why is it only every 6G flight delayed today at Cardiff apart from the evening NCL? Yes weather can play a part and it is a problem in the winter at PLH especially but that's only 1 aircraft that's affected and although the weather was a bit foggy at the crack of dawn at Cardiff it was within limits according to the METAR. Yes sometimes things are outside 6G control like scheduled Aircraft Maintance which has to be carried out, ATC slots and weather but when a aircraft has a tech problem and they never have the spare part in stock to fix it, it can be a long delay while they wait for the part to be delivered and can have a knock on effect for a few days.

If they are going to use all 5 aircraft to the max they need to have a stock of spare parts of all the tiny little things that can cause a tech problem so they can be fixed quickly. This is not a problem that any of the staff in Air Wales cause, they know what they are doing the problem for them is to try and convince the chairman to let them get on with their jobs and run it the way it is supposed to be, but it's his train set and he will run the way he likes, he decides not to carry spare parts then so be it, but it causes bigger delays than it needs to be, you know as well as I do he won't listen to anyone who knows how the aviation business works that's why he keeps changing the timetable around, I just wish he would listen to the people who know what they are doing because if he did from the start I am sure Air Wales would be a bigger company than it is now.

And that's the bottom line coz Stone Cold said so

Last edited by Stone Cold II; 19th Jan 2006 at 20:08.