PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lost in Alcohol.....?
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2006, 11:47
slim_slag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
brianh,
The word you used was 'crave', it seems reasonable to suggest you think about that, drunkline might help you do so.
I am unaware of any studies indicating that alcohol in moderation, with alcohol free days included regularly in one's calendar, is a sign of either alcoholism or has been proven harmful.
Alcohol and ischaemic heart disease: probably no free lunch
Jackson R, Broad J, Connor J, Wells S
The Lancet - Vol. 366, Issue 9501, 3 December 2005, Pages 1911-1912

Evidence is now coming in that moderate (as currently defined) alcohol intake is overall bad for your physical health. My personal opinion is that the quality of life and social benefits that moderate alcohol provides makes it worth it, but no operating complex machinery when under the influence please. Either drunk or hungover, or craving.

In fact, my regular blood tests ... indicate that my moderate alcohol intake for enjoyment - not compulsion - are having no adverse effects on organs etc.
As FD says, that proves nothing. In your case knowing your results could be harmful, as you obviously think because your blood tests are OK you don't have alcohol related damage.

Some people just shouldn't drink alcohol. Why is that such an unwelcome message to some?