PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aberdeen
Thread: Aberdeen
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2006, 11:36
A.Viator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aberdeen

Hi all,

I had the opportunity to re visit Aberdeen this week, the first time since the end of last summer. During the day stops I wait for my passengers in the Signature Flight Support FBO. Last year I spent much time in this FBO which also shares the building with the local club where I also made some great acquaintances. I found it to be a really friendly place in an otherwise chilly and sometimes weather foreboding part of the British Isles.

There was much discussion on this forum and at the club last year about the then pending takeover by new owners. I gather this happened but chatting to the few people that were in the club during my visit, things don’t seem to be working out. Local rumour control seems to suggest the operation may not continue beyond the end of June due to trading difficulties.

Does anybody have any information? It would be a great shame to see this very old and established club finish. Judging from the BAA’s stance on GA at other airfields, would this be the last of the flying clubs at Aberdeen?