PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - To Fly for Precision Air or Not
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2006, 04:24
petesevenseven

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Precision Air!!!!

I saw this post and just could't resist adding my 2 shillingi's!!!!!!

I worked for Precision for exactly one year. From my experience with them most of what has been said on this forum so far about them is true!!!

1) As a Forigner you will NEVER NEVER get a Command!!! Unless ofcourse if you came in as a Commander, they did have quite a few Malawian Commanders on the ATR fleet!!!

2) The Racisum issue is definately there but you also need to add in Tribalism as well!!! Even if you were a Tanzanian but not from the "Chagga Tribe" your'e condemed to life on the right seat!!!

3) Paying for your Rating if you are not a tanzanian is a definate there. In my time there I was asked to pay for Rating on the ATR42 which I declined to do in favour of investing that kind of cash else where.

My advice take it or leave it. If you are type rated on the ATR42 with very few hours on type and you want to do some hour building so that you can move on to a company with better long term prospects then go for it. In comparison to most of the companys here in Tanzania they look after you so long as you do your job with no further aspirations.

Personally for me Precision was a good experience, I'm glad I did a year with them. I'm also happy that I chose to move on and do other things.

I hope that helps!!!!!

Pete.

Oh just one more thing!!!!

Ricardo every single post from you seems to be crying about one operator or another for what ever reason!!!! Without even having worked for them!!!! No Operator is perfect!!!! Cheer up Buddy!!!!

Happy Landings!!!!!!!!!!