PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Seniority Joke
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2006, 01:34
Abe Froman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keg,

Have always enjoyed ur posts. However you said:

"If you reckon a topic or posts such as these on Qrewroom makes you a target for 'retribution' then you're kidding yourself. This is hardly a 'blip' in the scheme of things."

Incorrect! I know of one CrewRoomer who posted a very valid and fairly tame post on the seniority debate, and the "powers that be" got in contact with him and said "don't like what u said in ur post, pull ur head in"...

LookinDown,

From the Qantas website,
"Cadet pilots are not employees of Qantas and Qantas gives no guarantee or commitment of future employment at any time after completion of the training program."
So why should these non-employees get a QF seniority number while they do their 2 years industry experience? Based on that, why couldn't I and others in GA or regionals have a seniority number while we do our x number of years industry experience? (Obviously this isn't practical but I'm pointing out that neither is giving a select bunch of non-employees a seniority number). As u said LookinDown, people should receive a seniority number based on their "QF entry date" - and that is the day they actually start earning a wage from Qantas (ie at the end of the industry experience not the start)...

Abe Froman.